• If you are new to GCS and have a child who has been receiving special education services, you will need to enroll your child at his/her designated school.

    The enrollment process:

    • Contact the appropriate home school to complete the enrollment process.
      • If you are unsure what your home school is, please click here for the School Assignment Locator.
    • Provide a copy of your child's IEP and any other supporting documents.
      • Your child's birth certificate
      • Proof of address (a current electric bill, lease, etc)
      • A photo ID of the parent or guardian
      • You will be asked to complete a registration packet
        • Be sure to indicate on the form that your child has an IEP.
    • The home school will work with Exceptional Children Services if your child cannot be accommodated in that school.

     If you have any other questions, please contact Exceptional Children Services at 336-370-2323.