• Guilford County Schools employs an EC Parent Liaison to answer questions and help parents navigate the special education process. If you have any questions, please contact Jacqui Hawkins at 336-370-8355 or hawkinj@gcsnc.com

    Comments (-1)
  • Concerned About Your Child

    If your child is between the ages of 3 and 21, and you suspect delays in the development of speech-language, readiness, motor, social-behavior, academic, and self-help skills...

    • Concerned parents of preschool children can contact Karen Smith at 336-294-7473 
    • Concerned parents of school-age children can contact their child’s home school to learn more about regular education’s Intervention Support Team (IST) process. The mission of the Intervention Support Team of Guilford County Schools is to facilitate student achievement in academic, behavioral, and social competence. 

    There are North Carolina Department of Instruction polices governing programs for services of children with disabilities which must be followed prior to a child’s placement into an Exceptional Children Services program.  To learn more about the NC Policies Governing Services for Children with Disabilities, this information is available on https://ec.ncpublicschools.gov/



    Steps for Addressing Concerns:

    Step 1: Speak with your child's teacher or related services provider.

    Step 2: Speak with the school principal.

    Step 3: Speak with the district.

    • For IEP and EC related concerns, please call EC Services at 336-370-2323
    • For school related concerns, please speak with the School Support Officer in your Learning Area.