GCS - Website Accessibility Statement
Guilford County Schools is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities have the same access to its electronic and information technologies that are available to people without disabilities, including content made available through the use of our websites. GCS is committed to compliance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and Title II. Websites used by GCS should provide substantially similar functionality, experience, and information access to individuals with disabilities as it provides to others. Examples of information technologies covered by this policy include websites, electronic documents, and videos. To accomplish this, GCS will strive to meet or exceed the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
The policy aligns with:
- the GCS mission to provide an excellent education for each student
- the GCS Strategic Goals to:
- Close opportunity and achievement gaps through pervasive learner focused support
- Build support and value an innovative, learning and mission-driven organizational culture
- the GCS obligations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 together with its 2008 Amendments.
- Guilford County Policy JCDAD – Equal Education Opportunity.