The Division of Accountability & Research
Accountability & Research Departments
Data Analytics & Support
- Works with schools, teachers and staff from across the district to interpret multiple data sources to improve student achievement and analyze/display data in meaningful ways.
- Trains and provides other support to staff.
- Manages the EVAAS system for school administrators and district users.
- In coordination with Student Information Dept., manages district's data dashboards.
Accountability, Research & Evaluation
- Coordinates and manages state and federal accountability programs in GCS. Interpret legislation, policies and guidelines governing accountability programs; ensure that information about accountability programs is communicated to school and district personnel; and manage data collections.
- Interprets, analyzes and reports data from various sources; responds to requests for data and reports; and provides consultation and technical assistance to school personnel, district administration, and others.
- Responsible for program evaluations in the district. Design surveys and other data collection instruments to determine the effectiveness of various educational programs in GCS.
- Collaborates with internal and external researchers to review research projects for approval and monitors study activities within GCS.
- Implements the North Carolina Testing Program.
- Trains, supervise, and monitors school staff assigned to testing programs.
- Providing technical assistance on test administrations.
- Oversees the district's interim assessment program.
- Implements the Local Testing Program.
- Implements the Alternative Testing Program.
Student Information Department
- Oversee and maintains the statewide student information system, PowerSchool.
- Provides training to school based staff in the use of PowerSchool.
- Provides training to school based teachers in the use of PowerTeacher Pro.
- Creating and maintaining the student information data warehouse.
- Create and publish student information based data dashboards.
- Provides requested data to district staff as needed.
- Provides technical support to district and school staff in the use of PowerSchool, GCS Data Console and NCEdCloud.
ACCOUNTABILITY & RESEARCH
501 W. Washington Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Dr. Sonya Stephens
Chief Performance Officer
The Division of Accountability, Research and Planning
Program Administrator II
Director of Data Analytics & Support
Director of Accountability, Research & Evaluation
Director of Assessment Coordination
Director of Local Assessment
Director of Alternative Assessment
Director of Student Information