• North Carolina law requires 7th and 12th-grade students to be current on certain immunizations to attend school. 

    • 7th graders must have a Tdap and MCV immunization.
    • 12th graders must have an MCV booster by the 30th day of school or be excluded from the class.
    • To learn more information on each type of vaccine, visit the Immunization Requirements page of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services webpage.
    • You can visit the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Immunization Branch webpage for general information on vaccinations.

    To schedule an appointment for your student with the Guilford County Health Department please call (336) 641-3245. 


    • Here is a full list of immunizations for 7th and 12th grade students

Vaccine Requirements English
Vaccine Requirements Spanish

  • North Carolina law provides for only two types of exemptions from required immunizations. These are medical and religious, as detailed below. If your child has a medical or religious exemption to this vaccine(s), you are required to provide documentation of this exemption(s).

    N.C. G.S.130A-156 Medical Exemption – applies when it is certified that a required immunization is or may be detrimental to a person’s health due to the presence of one of the contraindications adopted by the Commission for Public Health. Under this exemption, the person is not required to receive the specified immunization under G.S. 130A-152 as long as the contraindication persists. The child may attend school or a child care facility with a copy of the Medical Exemption Statement Form (DHHS-3987).

    N.C. G.S.130A-157 Religious Exemption – applies when the bona fide religious belief of the parent, guardian, or person in loco parentis of a child is contrary to the immunization requirements contained in North Carolina law; the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the child may attend school without presenting a certificate of immunization.


  • You can schedule immunizations with your primary care provider. 

    In addition, the Guilford County Department of Public Health also has several clinics and appointments for immunizations.

    No insurance is required.