What courses are excluded from CDM?
Per NC State Board Policy CCRE-001 Course for Credit, Section 8.6:
The following courses are excluded from Credit by Demonstrated Mastery:
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) work-based learning courses (co-op, internship, apprenticeship);
- CTE courses that have a clinical setting as a requirement of the course, such as ProStart, Early Childhood Education I/II and Nursing Fundamentals;
- CTE Advanced Studies courses;
- CTE courses in pilot and/or field test status;
- English Language Learner (ELL) courses;
- Healthful Living required courses;
- AP, IB, and CIE courses; and
- Occupational Course of Study (OCS) Occupational Preparation I, II, III, and IV courses.