Project Technology Guidelines
Please keep in mind when considering technology projects that by January 2021, the district will issue every teacher his or her own laptop (please see Equipment List below for details).
Guidance to commonly asked questions about technology and a list of devices supported by GCS Technology Services. Please use this information to support development of successful grant and DonorsChoose projects:
1. Who owns devices secured through grant or DonorsChoose projects:
- Technology received through DonorsChoose becomes the property of the school, per DonorsChoose policy.
- Technology received through grant projects becomes the property of schools in most cases. Please consult grant award agreement for guidance.
2. What to do when your new technology arrives:
New equipment is required to go through two important steps, so devices work properly and can be supported by GCS Technology Services:
- Registering devices in the GCS technology inventory
- Formatting devices so they are added to the GCS network and software is installed properly
3. Here is the three-step process to follow to register and format new devices
- As soon as any devices are received, please visit https://gcstcs.gcsnc.com to create a technology support ticket. Be sure to include your name, school, and classroom number.
- The Tech Support representative assigned to your school will contact you and schedule a time to pick up devices from your classroom. You will have an opportunity to talk with your representative about any questions you have regarding your device.
- The inventory and formatting process generally takes only one to two business days, unless an order contains a large number of devices.
4. What equipment does GCS Technology Services currently support?
- Grades 4-12: Teacher device is the Lenovo 300E Chromebook; student device is the Lenovo L15
- Grades PreK-3: Teacher device is the Apple MacBook Air; student device is the Apple iPad 10.2 - 256 GB
Please note: At this time, new orders for Dell devices are not allowed.
- Interactive Projectors (require mounting/installation): Epson 685 Bright Link with mount; faceplates, cabling, and installation; and whiteboard if not already installed
- Non-Interactive Projectors (used on a cart, do not require mounting): Epson PL107 and Epson 530 Short Throw Projector
Please note: If mounting is requested, please contact Technology Services for installation cost.
- Lumens DC193 and AVerVision F17-8M
Televisions and Classroom Audio Enhancement:
- Television: Samsung Commercial TV available in several sizes. Please contact Technology Services to discuss mounting and installation.
- Audio: Lightspeed 955 Access, Flexmike, and TCQ multimedia speaker; Lightspeed Redcat Access with Flexmike