To apply for the GCS-ACT program, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be eligible for a lateral entry license in the state of North Carolina
- Hold a relevant degree or a degree and have a minimum of 24 semester hours of relevant coursework
- Have a 3.0 or above content area GPA (preferred)
- Must be currently in a teaching position in Guilford County Schools
- Deadlines: Early fall admissions applications received by November 1 will receive a decision by March 1. Early spring admissions applications received by April 1 will receive a decision by June 1. Regular admissions will be reviewed throughout the summer.
For applications received by: Applicants will be notified by: November 1st March 1st April 1st June 1st June 1st July 1st July 1st August 1st August 1st September 1st
- Eligibility: Applicants must be employed to teach in the licensure area for which their lateral entry license was issued. Applicants must have a degree or 24 hours (with a 3.0 GPA) in the content area in which they will be teaching. We cannot admit or license teachers who are General Elementary, EC-Adaptive, and some categories of CTE.
- Scoring: Applications are scored on a rubric that considers multiple factors including but not limited to—GPA, transcript evaluation, subject area, school placement, Praxis II score.
To apply for GCS-ACT please click here.