Western Guilford High School offers several Health Science classes that allow students to work hands on and gain certification before graduating. Courses offered include: Health Team Relations, Honors Health Science I and II, and Honors Nursing Fundamentals. See more information below.
Another of Western's course offerings allows for students to gain real world experience in the classroom through Logistics and Marketing. Several of our students have even gotten a job in a CTE field through this program prior to graduation. Recently, eight students were selected to attend the Modex exhibit in Atlanta.
- MODEX 2018 is the largest Logistics event in the country this year
- More than 925 vendors brought their wares and representatives to Atlanta (please note that we aren’t allowed to take photos on the MODEX floor due to technology secrets, so I only have a couple of photos of the entrance into MODEX)
- The event was held at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta
- Western HS was able to take 8 students (usually only Universities can bring that many students)
- Because of the opportunity to take more students, we worked on controlling our costs (we traveled by Greyhound bus and rental car).
- We made the trip with the 8 students and did it with a grant of $5,000 from The Enrichment Fund.
2 years ago there were only 14 students in the program, this school year 220 students applied and many of our students are planning on majoring in logistics in college, and/or taking logistics jobs now (Fastenal, Ralph Lauren, Transplace, Precision Fabrics Group and others are hiring my students for full-time jobs with benefits when the students graduate and are hiring those still in high school at a starting wage of $10.50 per hour – for 16 and 17 year old students!).