Fifth Grade News: September 17, 2021
September 21- Interim Reports
Here are some important announcements/reminders:
- Please make sure your child arrives at school by 7:25 each day. This gives them time to unpack before math and reading blocks begin. Students that arrive after 7:25 will have to ring the front door of the school and go to the office to check in before going to their classroom.
- Please remember to send in a written note with your child when he/she is absent. The note must be turned in within 3 days of their return. We can’t accept notes through Class Dojo.
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home if they have COVID symptoms. Please call the school office if you have any questions or to inform us of positive COVID cases.
- If your child is absent, they can access their math and reading assignments through their Canvas homeroom course. Math assignments are listed in Canvas, but students must go through Clever (Great Minds App) to watch the math video lessons and complete the learn activities. Some science and social studies assignments can be accessed through Canvas too, but most of those assignments will need to be completed when they return to school.
- PowerSchool Parent Portal is a great tool for keeping track of your child’s grades. Students may also check their grades using PowerSchool Student (my.ncedcloud.com). Grades will be updated weekly.
- Pride Pack weekly folders will go home with your child on Tuesdays. Your child can fix any work that is in their folder to improve their grades. Any work corrections must be turned in by Thursday of that week. Students may correct each assignment one time to improve their grade.
Reading- Students will need to read 30 minutes each night. Students will write the number of minutes in their planner and have parents sign the planner each night. Next week, we will practice showing emotions and behaviors in our writing and complete Unit 1 on personal narratives.
Math- Students will take their Module 1 assessment on Tuesday. We will begin Module 2 by learning about patterns in multiplication. Please make sure your child practices their multiplication and division facts. These facts will help them be successful this year in math. They can use flash cards, apps, or any other strategy.
Science- Students will begin their next unit on heat energy. They will learn how heat transfers by radiation, convection, and conduction.
Social Studies- Students will begin a research project on their assigned state.