Middle School Service
Academically Gifted Students: Middle School
Unlike the elementary service model, where students are pulled out of the general education setting for enrichment service with an AG specialist, middle school AG students receive differentiated instruction from the classroom teacher in English/Language Arts and/or Mathematics.
All GCS middle schools offer advanced classes in English/Language Arts and Mathematics, which target academically gifted and high achieving students.
Each Spring, End-of-Grade tests students in grades 5 - 7 are reviewed for possible eligibility for the AG program for the upcoming school year in grades 6 - 8.
Criteria for Eligibility (Grades 6-8)
At the middle school level, the following criteria must be met. Student progress is reviewed each year to determine future course placement.
- Reading Achievement: 90th percentile or greater
- Math Achievement: 90th percentile or greater
Middle School Annual Plans:
The 2019 – 2022 AIG Plan highlights the need to focus on the academic needs of our gifted middle school students. To help ensure equitable instructional practices, the district is providing a plan for differentiation that details how students enrolled in advanced course work will be receive opportunities for instructional practices on an appropriate level.
- Click here to view the Grade 6 AIMM Annual Plan for Differentiation
- Click here to view the Grade 6 Accelerated Math Annual Plan for Differentiation
- Click here to view the Grade 7 Accelerated Math Annual Plan for Differentiation
- Click here to view the Grade 8 Accelerated Math Annual Plan for Differentiation