Helpful Resources for Creators/Approvers
New Roles in the Performance Matters Professional Learning Platform
- Creators - are designated at the school or office level and are responsible for submitting courses and sections for review. The Creator could also be the person who would facilitate the professional learning, manage rosters, and award credits. To be designated as a Creator your supervisor would need to submit your name to the Office of Professional Learning to have your permissions modified. Your permissions will not be modified until you attend a training session for course creation.
- Approvers - professional learning courses will go through a two-level approval process. The GCS Rubric for Measuring Quality Professional Learning should guide the Approver through the process of course submission.
- Approver 1 is at the school or department and will receive notification when a course is submitted for approval. This role is usually supported by the principal or an assistant principal at the school level and an executive director or director in a department.
- Approver 2 is in the Office of Professional Learning and will review courses after they have been reviewed by the first Approver.
Resources for Creators
- Course Creator Training Workbook
- GCS Rubric for Measuring Quality Professional Learning
- Course Creation Planning Template
- Session Creation Planning Template
- Workflow for Creators and Approvers
Standards for Alignment
Performance Matters allows the ability to align your courses to evaluation standards. The following evaluation standards have been preloaded into the platform for your use:
- NC Professional Teaching Standards
- Standards for NC Principals and Assistant Principals
- NC Standards for School Counselors
Please identify the appropriate standards that your course will align to when you propose a course. Identifying the aligned standards will allow educators to search for sessions by standard and for you to access reporting features that demonstrate alignment.
Standards for Professional Learning
The Standards for Professional Learning were endorsed by the NC State Board of Education in October 2011. Guilford County Schools professional learning development should be guided by the principals of the Standards for Professional Learning. The standards can be access on the Learning Forward website along with additional support materials for professional learning.
Wisdomewhere - Professional Learning Platform 2012-2018
Wisdomwhere sunset on October 31, 2018. Beginning October 15th, 2018 all courses have been entered and managed via the new Performance Matters Platform. Educators will now register for sessions in Performance Matters. Educators can view five years of historical CEU data in their Performance Matters transcript, but as always the only official transcript is on the Employee Self Service portal which is also linked on the Employee Webpage.