First Day Pay
$1,200 First Day Pay
The first day pay option assists teachers new to Guilford County ease the transition of moving to a new job in a new location. First-day pay allows new teachers the option of receiving a $1,200 (before tax deduction) salary advance on their first day of employment.
- $1,200 Supplement Advance available to all new hired licensed employees
- THIS IS YOUR MONEY PAID IN ADVANCE…IT IS NOT A BONUS
- Equal installments will be deducted from your pay check over 10 months*.
- If interested, contact your Staffing Specialist to complete the form.
- Checks will be sent to your school around the First Day of school (on the traditional calendar)**
*If you are signing up for First Day Pay after the August Payroll please note available amount:
September: $1080 November: $840 ***January: $600
October: $960 December: $720 ***Cut-off month
**Checks are issued around pre-established Finance timelines. If you are signing up for First Day Pay after the school year has begun, please consult with your HR Coordinator to determine when you will receive the check.
Click here to complete the First Day Pay - Supplement Advance Agreement