Request Form for Extracurricular Activities, GCS Policy GBBAA
Form for Beginning Teacher to request exemption from the requirement outlined in the Board Policy GBBAA
Administrator's Beginning Teacher Evaluation Facts
- Beginning teachers are BT1s, BT2s, or BT3s.
- All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s MUST be assigned a mentor and must record mentor meetings on the Online Contact Log.
- All mentors must have Mentor Training.
- All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s must be observed 3 times annually by a qualified administrator or designee.
- All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s must have a pre-conference prior to the first observation.
- All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s must have a post conference within 10 school days of each formal observation.
- All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s must have a peer observation, not from an Administrator, Lead Mentor, or Mentor.
- All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s must have a Summary Evaluation.
- Check for signatures on all documents.
- Beginning teachers should keep a copy on a flash drive of all documents.
New Teacher Support provides the required Beginning Teacher Orientation through Right Start.